Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I went for my first Jazz dance class just now.

I said first even though I had done a little Jazz before. Because back then, I was barely scratching the surface.

(I am feeling a little hyper now. Part of it stems from the class, I suppose.)

I have never successfully commit myself to any Jazz class. I guess it was because, before I even try the movement, I have already told myself I looked funny. That way, I ended up stopping myself from even trying it out. Why did I do that? ...because I could never imagine myself dancing it.

My mind stopped me.

But today, I told myself to give myself a chance.

I told myself not to belittle myself. I told myself to just try it out.

I told myself to just let it all go.

And you know what? I feel satisfied.

I didn't do it beautifully though. My double time Jazz walks were quite terrible. My choreography was kind of screwed up.

But I am still happy because I tried. I practised when I wasn't sure. I asked.

...

I told myself, I shan't give up.

If I am going to give up, why did I sign up for Jazz in the first place?

Why? Why? Why?

...Because I wanted to become a better dancer, didn't I?

...Because I wanted to brush up my techniques, didn't I?

...Because I wanted to work towards my dream, didn't I?

...Because I wanted to try out for the Scholarship next year, didn't I?

So until I have improved, I will not stop Jazz.

...

It feels good to be working towards something you have envisioned yourself to become. That sense of satisfaction--ahhhh--is just wonderful.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether you get to the end destination. I mean, who doesn't want to get there? But what is more important is that you have started along to achieve what you want to become.

Now playing: Ken Hirai HitomiWoTojite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home