Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"Now you have got the steps. Now put feeling into doing it." That was what Tracie told me last night.

That sound so familiar.

Initially, I couldn't master the steps. I just, no matter what, didn't seem to be able to swing left, right, left. I thought I looked funny.

All the time the others went through the step, my body hiccuped between the 3rd and the 4th set of eigths.

I found myself amusing as I looked in the mirror, and I dared say, that was one reason why I kept not being able to do it.

Until I thought...(and Wanzhen later affirmed that thought),

I just need to keep doing it until this fine point when I will look ok.

No, it is not a magical moment. It is just that with practice, your muscles gain enough memory to be able to execute the action properly.

And it is just that the reflection after my first class: If I keep telling myself I look funny, I will always look funny.

Isn't it?

And if I am determined not to look funny, and I practise enough to make sure I don't look funny, I shouldn't look funny.

Or so I would believe.

We did kicks last night, in addition to turns. Cindy said my kicks were nice.

That is a morale booster!

Next week, we are going to do turns. Oooo, I can't wait!

It feels good to be working towards a dream. It feels good to know where you are heading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home