Sunday, October 30, 2005

I think one big reason why I don't improve is because I don't practise. And the reason why I don't practise is because I have no discipline. I am speaking with reference to my dancing.

And so one major agenda for the 2-week leave is to get some serious dance practise.

I started on it today. I was supposed to start on it yesterday but I eh, didn't discipline myself.

*tsk tsk*

Anyway, it is a different thing to know your steps and practise them versus practising your steps and reviewing how you look.

I saw the difference today.

My god.

Only after I have looked at myself did I realize the teacher was actually talking about me last week.

"Watch out for those loose arms. Brace them with power! I want strong arms!"

And I have kept assuming he was NOT talking about me.

Argh. God.

I realize it was a difficult problem to rectify. There is something about my arms. I am not exactly sure what it is. I think it is the fact that they swing loosely, and they are not strong enough in executing the figures.

...

It is very easy (and tempting) to just shake my head in dismay and disappointment and lament that I can't continue dancing because I am just so bad at it.

But I will not do it.

I will endeavour and attempt more practices like this. Practising and self-reviewing.

I will not give up until I get better.

All I need to do right now is to become more disciplined to practise two hours a day!

I never knew I could be so lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home