Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Last night was my first Hip Hop class.

Don't ask me why I signed up. I just wanted to try out new things, I guess.

But seriously, I was really really feeling scared. It was the same scared feeling I had when I went for my first jazz dance class.

I ran into Marcus at the doorway. He said I was early.

And I told him I was going to the Hip Hop class. He gave me a "Oh"...

Class was fun. But I can't groove for nuts!

*argh* *throws an exasperated expression*

I can't groove and go "Uh-Uh-Uh"...

I can't do my wrist throws properly. Nor the points. Nor the skitters! (Is that even how it is supposed to be spelt?)

Anyway, let me add a "yet" to just all that I said I can't do.

I think there is some tecnhique involved in the grooving part. And I will just give myself some time to get it.

In the meantime, I will just have fun! ...Laughing at myself...

...

Well, and I rationalize the whole affair:

I go to class before I don't know how to do it, right?

So...I should rest my fears and just let go!

Everyone starts from somewhere...and I start from here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home